In the 2017 Legislation session, a new statute in Minnesota chapter 415 was created the requires certain types of notice for many proposed ordinances or proposed amendment to ordinances. Only interim ordinances have been exempted from this notice requirement. Therefore, the City of Inver Grove Heights will use this page as the place to post the proposed ordinance.
The City will also notify by:
- Providing email notification of the proposed ordinances. If you're interested, you may sign up for ordinance notifications.
- Posting the ordinance on this page.
- Having available upon request the proposed ordinance at the front counter.
There are three readings that are required for an ordinance approval unless the Council determines that the ordinance can be accepted in one reading. Public hearing notices are published in the Southwest Review the Sunday before the City Council meeting.
Please note that failure to provide a notice does not invalidate the adoption or amended ordinance.
Summary of Ordinances
Issuance of On-Sale Brew Pub Liquor Licenses, Sunday On-Sale Brew Pub Liquor License and Off-Sale Brew Pub Malt Liquor
The Inver Grove Heights City Council is considering an ordinance amendment to allow the following:
• Allows a brew pub to obtain an on-sale intoxicating liquor license for the restaurant within the brew pub.
• Allows a brew pub to obtain a Sunday on-sale intoxicating liquor license for the restaurant within the brew pub.
• Allows a brew pub to obtain an off-sale brew pub malt liquor license which would permit only the off-sale of malt liquor produced and packaged on the licensed premises.
Expansion of the Air Space of an Existing Pine Bend Landfill
The Inver Grove Heights City Council is considering an ordinance amendment to allow a side slope capacity expansion of the pine bend landfill as a conditional use permit in the integrated resource management overlay district.
Transient Lodging in Dwelling Units (Short Term Rentals)
The Inver Grove Heights City Council is considering an ordinance amendment to allow transient lodging out of residential homes by interim use permit. The complete ordinance can be viewed at the Inver Grove Heights City Hall receptionist's desk during normal business hours.
The City Council will discuss the ordinance on January 28, 2019, at Inver Grove Heights City Hall, 8150 Barbara Avenue. Any revisions of the proposed ordinance will appear on City Council agenda packets posted on the City website.