Annual Clean-Up Day
Annual Clean-Up Day - Saturday, September 19, 2020
Residents of the City of Inver Grove Heights, West St. Paul and Sunfish Lake are invited to the IGH Annual Clean-Up Day on Saturday, September 19, 2020! Stop by the IGH Public Works Facility (8168 Barbara Ave) from 8 am - Noon to dispose of your unwanted items. Many recycling opportunities are available.
Weather Notice: Please note the event will be held rain or shine. In the case of severe weather, like lightening, the event will be delayed until severe weather passes.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
- If you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus) please stay home and refrain from attending the event
- Must remain in your vehicle at all times; follow signs and stop fully at drop-off stations
- Please keep the number of people in your vehicle to a minimum
- Wearing a face mask is required at all times during the event
- Place all items in trunk or very back of your vehicle
- Have money ready for payment; extend arm fully to pay (Cash or check only. Please bring small bills. No credit cards accepted)
- Be prepared to show your ID for proof of residency
- Please be patient as it will take longer for staff, vendors, and volunteers to safely unload vehicles
- Follow all standardized guidelines developed by the CDC
- View the full IGH Annual Clean-Up Day COVID-19 Safety Plan here
The following will be accepted at our 2020 event. Please view the full list of accepted items and prices in the table below or download a printable sheet here.
|Accepted Items||Prices & Descriptions|
|Appliances||• $5 per small appliance (blender, toaster, coffee maker, etc.)
• $10 per large appliance (vacuum, microwave, dehumidifier, refrigerator, air conditioner, etc.)
• $15 per vacuum
|Batteries||• $1 per pound of alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)
• $2 per any other battery (car, laptop, etc.)
|Carpet and Carpet Padding||• $5 per roll|
|Clothing, Shoes and Textiles||• FREE: Gently used items only. Including clothing, shoes, accessories (hat, purse, belt, etc.), household textiles (towels, drapes, sheets, blankets, etc.)|
|Confidential Document Shredding||• FREE: On-site confidential document shredding. Please remove all 3-ring binders, binder clips or metal tabs on file folders from the items you bring.|
* Please note this is the final year of construction debris collection. A list of local year-round disposal opportunities is listed below.
|Construction debris such as concrete, shingles, insulation, lumber, etc. Limit of one pickup load per household.
• $10 per individual item: Sink, toilet, tub, etc.
• $25 per ½ pickup truck, SUV or car load
• $50 per full pickup truck load
|Electronics||• $10 per TV (less than 20 lbs)
• $20 per TV (more than 20 lbs)
• $10 per computer monitor (less than 20 lbs)
• $20 per computer monitor (more than 20 lbs)
• FREE: Computers towers, laptops, tablets, keyboards & mice, desktop printers & ink cartridges, desktop copiers, fax machines, cables and cords, network equipment, audio equipment, phones, dvd player, ipods, etc.
|Exercise Equipment||• $10 per equipment with no electronics (bench press, leg press, etc.)
• $25 per equipment with electronics (treadmill, elliptical, exercise bike, etc.)
|Furniture (landfill disposal only)
* If your furniture is in reusable condition, please utilize year-round donation or online selling platforms listed below.
|• $5 per small items: Desk chair, kitchen chair, barstool, outdoor chair, and end tables.
• $15 per large items: Couch, loveseat, recliner, dresser, dining table, vanity, desk, ottoman, etc.
|Gas Powered Items||Please drain all liquids
• $10 per snow blower
• $10 per push lawn mower
• $25 per riding lawn mower
|Light Bulbs||• $1 per item (any size or type)|
|LP Tanks||• $5 per item (drained of liquids)|
|Mattresses and Box Springs||• $15 per mattress
• $15 per box-spring
|Plastic Items||• $5 per item (large items only)|
|Scrap metal||• $1 per item|
|Tires and Rims||• FREE: any tire without rim (limit 10 per household)
• FREE: any rim without tire
• $2 per bike tire (with rim)
• $6 per car tire (with rim)
• $8 per truck tire (with rim)
• $12 per semi tire (with rim)
Year-Round Disposal Opportunities
Please visit our Green Guide to learn how to dispose of unwanted items any time of the year.
Questions or Interested in Volunteering?
Email Ally Sutherland or call (651) 604-8511
To learn more about our Clean Up Day event, check out the video below recorded by Insight 7!