At the City of Inver Grove Heights, we are an election polling place. We encourage all eligible IGH residents to participate in YOUR democracy and vote!
Municipal Elections 2020
Inver Grove Heights holds municipal elections on the first Tuesday in November (following the first Monday in November) in even numbered years and holds municipal primary elections when the number of candidates is more than twice the number of individuals to be elected.
IGH Elected Officials
The city’s five elected officials include:
- A mayor (two-year term) and
- Four council members (four-year term)
The terms of council members are staggered so only two council members are elected every other year.
Apply to be a City Council Member
Applications due June 2, 2020
Have you considered serving your community as a City Council member?
Candidate Filing begins May 19, 2020 and ends June 2, 2020.
Individuals filing can:
- Make an appointment to submit their affidavit of candidacy with the city clerk at 651-450-2513 up until 5 p.m. on June 2, 2020.
- or -
- Have their affidavit notarized and dropped off in our Dropbox outside City Hall up until 5 p.m. on June 2,, 2020.
Candidate Filing Affidavit of Candidacy:
- Please be sure to fill in all fields on the form including address and phone number.
Below is a link to all campaign-related forms:
If you have questions, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 651-450-2513
IGH City Council Terms expiring this year are as follows:
Mayor 2-year term (George Tourville)
Council Member 4-year term (Tom Bartholomew)
Council Member 4-year term (Kara Perry)